What is the purpose of our Data Protection Policy?
Our company, Forrey & Galland (exclusive distributor of Maison Berger Paris in the UAE), would like to remind you of its commitment to respecting the trust afforded to it by you and to the application of the regulations in force in the UAE in the field of protection of personal data and respect for your privacy in accordance with the UAE law.
The aim of this Personal Data Protection Policy is to inform you of the conditions under which Forrey & Galland (exclusive distributor of Maison Berger Paris in the UAE), in its capacity as Data Controller, undertakes the processing of your personal data. It complements the information brought to your knowledge when you communicate your personal information in-store and/or by completing a form, for example when creating a customer account on our internet site maison-berger.ae or directly in a shop.
This Policy applies to the data collected in-store, by mail or by phone when you contact our customer service, as well as when you use our Internet site. It contains the rules relative to the personal data of all of our customers and prospects, regardless of the channel through which the data is collected.
It is accessible to all and at all times from our website "maison-berger.ae".
We invite you to read it carefully and to refer to it regularly.
What data is processed?
We may be led to process the following categories of personal data:
- Data relating to your identity: civil status, surname, first name, date of birth…
- Contact information: postal address, phone number, e-mail address…
- Financial data: Information related to payment methods…
- Sales data: customer number, purchase history, information relating to your customer account…
- Declared data: your responses to help questionnaires about choosing products, your opinion about our products…
- Technical data: connection data, browsing history, login and password to your customer account…
The mandatory or optional nature of the data provided is given at the time of its collection. Failure to communicate information that is marked mandatory will prevent us from carrying out your request. For example, your delivery address is required in order to deliver your order. Communicating data that is optional in nature to us allows us to get to know you better and improve our services and the information we communicate for your benefit.
Why do we process your data?
For each form of processing, we only collect and use data that is relevant and necessary for the purpose for which we seek it:
- Carrying out a contract with you: To save and carry out your orders, provide you with the services to which you subscribe, handle your requests and complaints, perform after-sales service;
- Legitimate interests of our company: to manage and improve customer relations, improve your experience when you use our Internet site, conduct statistical analysis, ensure the management and publication of customer feedback about our products, prevent abuse and fraud, inform you of new services or changes to our sites, and ensure that we always respect your rights and interests;
- Direct marketing operations: on the basis of your express consent, implement direct marketing operations and send you offers adapted to your needs, send you sales information and offers, hold games and promotional competitions, satisfaction surveys;
- your data is also used to enable us to meet our legal or regulatory obligations
The duration of the processing of your personal data depends on the purpose for which it is used:
- Performing a contract: for the entire duration of the contract and until the end of the limitation period applicable to civil and commercial actions (currently 5 years),
- Legitimate interests of the company: for a period of 3 years from the date of collection,
- Direct marketing operation: for the entire duration of your consent.
Will you receive sales offers?
With respect for your preferences, we may use your contact information to send you commercial proposals, including by e-mail or post:
Under the hypothesis whereby you have communicated your data to us when placing an order or creating a customer account and, subject to your consent, we may send you offers about our products and services.
You remain free to oppose receiving these offers free of charge and at any time either by clicking on the unsubscribe link contained in each e-mail, by going to your customer account on our Internet site, or by contacting our customer service.
Offers by post:
Subject to your consent, we may send you sales documentation by post to propose offers for our products and services. You remain free to oppose receiving these offers free of charge and at any time either by clicking on the unsubscribe link contained in each e-mail, by going to your customer account on our Internet site or by contacting our customer service.
For whom is this data intended?
Recipients of personal data are, within the framework of the end purposes set forth above: duly empowered staff of Forrey & Galland (exclusive distributor of Maison Berger Paris in the UAE) and subcontractors working within the framework of carrying out the end purposes described above.
The data may also be transmitted to the competent authorities, at their request, or in order to comply with other legal obligations.
How do we ensure the security of your data?
We are committed to ensuring the security and the confidentiality of your personal data by implementing the appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent its loss, accidental destruction, misuse and unauthorised access to it.
Is your data processed outside the UAE?
The personal data that we collect on our website or in-store is stored within the United Arab Emirates.
What are your rights?
In accordance with applicable regulations, you have various rights that you can exercise at any time:
- You have a right of access, a right to rectification and a right to erasure of the data that concerns you, as well as the right to request the portability of data that you have provided to us;
- you have the right to oppose processing of your data for legitimate reasons or to request that this processing be limited: note that a limitation on processing could make it impossible to carry out a contract or a service;
- you also have the right to freely object, at any time and without a reason, to the processing of your data for direct marketing purposes, as well as profiling when it is performed to achieve the same end.
How to exercise your rights
- by e-mail: email@example.com
- by phone: 04 339 8850
- by post: FORREY & GALLAND, Customer Service, The Dubai Mall, Lower Ground Floor, Unit 109
We will respond to your request within a maximum period of one month from the date of receipt of your complete request.
We are committed to making every effort to respect your rights with regard to your personal information. However, should you consider that these rights have not been respected, you have the opportunity to make a claim with the United Arab Emirate Data Protection Authority, the controlling body whose mission is to ensure respect for the rules applicable to the processing of personal data in the UAE
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT COOKIES
This Cookies section allows you to learn more about the origin and the use of browsing information processed when you access the website maison-berger.ae and through the intermediary of one of our advertising formats. This section also informs you about your rights. This Policy is therefore important both for you, as you want to have a positive experience and trust our offers and services, and for us, as we want to respond in an accurate and complete way to your questions about the use of your browsing information that is collected. In general, the use of your browsing data is carried out within the framework of your prior consent, unless such use is strictly necessary to provide a service that you have requested.
A cookie is a set of information that can be transmitted to your browser by a website to which you connect. Your browser will store it for a maximum duration of 13 months, and will send it back to the web server every time you connect.
When you visit our website and/or a third-party site broadcasting our advertising content, information relating to browsing from your device (computer, tablet, Smartphone, etc.) is therefore liable to be recorded.
Furthermore, cookies are likely to be included in the advertising spaces on our website. These advertising spaces display advertising content that comes from third party advertisers to your device. These spaces contribute to financing the services and content that we place at your disposal.
Only the administrator of a cookie has the potential to read or modify the information contained therein.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE COOKIES ON THIS SITE?
Subject to your preferences in the matter of cookies, this section describes the purposes for which they are used when you connect to our website.
The Cookies that We administer enable us:
- to establish statistics and count the number of visitors to and the use of various components of our site (sections and content visited, itinerary), allowing us to fine tune the relevance and the ergonomics of our services;
- to adapt the presentation of our site to the display preferences for your device (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during your visits to our site, depending on the hardware and software for viewing or reading that your device contains;
- to store information relating to a form that you filled out on our site (registration or access to your account) or to products, services or information that you have selected on our site (subscription to a service, contents of a shopping basket, etc.);
- to enable you to access personal and reserved areas of our site, such as your account, using the identifiers or data that may have previously entrusted to us;
- to implement security measures, for example when you are asked to log in again to content or to a service after a certain period of time has lapsed.
The Cookies administered on our site by third parties.
The use made of cookies administered by third parties is subject to the privacy policies of said third parties. We inform you of the purpose of the cookies about which we have knowledge and the means at your disposal to make choices with respect to these cookies.
1. Due to the fact of third-party applications integrated to our site
We may include third-party computer applications on our website which allow you to share the contents of our Site with other people or to share your visit with other people or share your opinion about some content on our site. This is notably the case when it comes to "Share" and "Like” buttons for social media such as "Facebook" "Twitter", "Instagram," etc.
The social media that provide an application button of this sort may be able to identify you through this button, even if you have not used the button during your visit to our site. This type of application button can allow the social medium in question to track your navigation on our site, due to the sole fact that the social media account is enabled on your device (open session) while you browse our site.
We have no control over the process used by the social media to collect information relating to your visit to our site and associated with any personal data which they have. We invite you to consult the privacy policies of these social media to inform yourself about the end purposes of use, including advertising, and about browsing information that they can gather through these software application buttons. These protection policies must in particular allow you to set your own preferences with said social media, in particular in the settings of your user accounts for each of these networks.
2. Through third-party content broadcast in our advertising spaces
Advertising content (graphics, animation, videos, etc.) broadcast in our advertising spaces is liable to contain third-party cookies: either the advertiser behind the advertising content concerned, or a third party company separate to the advertiser (communication consulting agency, audience measurement company, targeted advertising provider, etc.), which has associated a cookie with the advertising content of an advertiser.
Where appropriate, the cookies issued by these third parties may allow them, during the period of validity of these cookies:
• to count the number of displays of the advertising content disseminated via our advertising spaces, to identify the ads on display, the number of users who click on each advertisement, allowing them to calculate the sums owed due to this and to establish statistics;
Your preferences regarding cookies.
a) Accepting Cookies
Placing a cookie on device is essentially subordinate to the will of the user of the device, which can be expressed and modified at any time and free of charge through the preferences available to him or her through the browser software.
b) Refusing cookies
Where appropriate, we disclaim any responsibility for the consequences related to downgraded operation of our services resulting from it being impossible for us to save or to consult the cookies necessary for the operation which you have declined or deleted.
c) How to exercise your preferences, depending on the browser that you use
At any time, you can choose to express and to modify your wishes concerning cookies, using the means described below.
The preferences offered to you by your browser software.
Management of cookies differs in the settings of each browser. It is described in the Help menu of your browser, which will let you know how to modify your preferences regarding cookies.
Note that this procedure will not prevent ads being displayed on your device. It will only block the technologies that enable advertisements to be adapted to your browsing history and to your areas of interest.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF COOKIES THAT ACCOMPANY ADVERTISING CONTENT BROADCAST BY THIRD PARTIES?
When you go to a site/application containing advertising spaces that broadcast one of our ads, the advertisement is liable to contain a cookie. This cookie is liable, subject to your preferences, to be saved to your device and it allows us to recognise the browser on your device for the duration of the validity of the Cookie in question.
The Cookies that we issue allow us, if your device has allowed them to be recorded, according to your preferences:
- To count the number of displays and activations of our advertising content broadcast on third party sites/applications, to identify this content and these sites/applications, to determine the number of users who click on each content;
- to calculate the sums owed to the stakeholders in the advertising broadcasting chain (communication agency, advertising agency, broadcast site/media) and to establish statistics;
- to adapt to the presentation of the [site/application] which one of our advertisements leads to;
- according to the display preferences of your device (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during your visits to our website and according to the hardware and software for viewing or reading contained in your device;
- according to the localisation data (longitude and latitude) transmitted to us (or our service providers) by your device with your prior agreement.
WHY IS IT OF INTEREST TO DISPLAY ADVERTISING ADAPTED TO YOUR BROWSING?
Our objective is to present you with the most relevant advertising possible. To this end, cookie technology allows us to determine in real time what advertising to display to a terminal, in relation to the most recent navigation on one or multiple sites or applications.
Your interest in the advertising content displayed on your device when you visit a site often determines the advertising resources of the latter, enabling use of the services of the site, often provided to users free of charge. You undoubtedly prefer to see advertisements on display that correspond to what you are interested in rather than advertisements that are of no interest to you. Similarly, the advertisers that want their advertisements broadcast are interested in their offers being displayed to users liable to be more interested in said offers.
PERSONAL DATA AND BROWSING INFORMATION
To the extent that you have provided us with personal data about yourself, including your electronic contact details, during your registration or when accessing one of our services, we may, subject to your preferences, associate the browsing information relating to your device and processed by the cookies that we issue with your personal data in order to send you, for example, electronic prospecting or to display on your device, within advertising spaces containing the cookies that we issue, personalised advertisements which are specifically destined for you and likely to be of interest to you personally.
At any time, you can request to no longer receive advertisements or prospecting adapted to the browsing information from your device by contacting us directly and free of charge, or through the unsubscribe link included in all prospective emails that we would be likely to send you using electronic mail. In this case, the advertisements that you may continue to receive, unless you exercise your right to oppose this with us, will no longer be adapted to the browsing information from your device.